Table of Contents
One of the most important issues for men is the length, thickness, and functionality of the penis after hypertrophy in men. Today, aesthetic penile surgery is preferred because men may complain of various deformities of the penis, size issues, thinness, curvature, and post-circumcision penile problems. Depending on many reasons or completely directly proportional to the patient’s wishes. Penile lengthening surgery, penile enlargement surgery, penile curvature correction surgery, and circumcision defect correction are possible.
What is penis enlargement?
The surgical intervention applied to enlarge the size of the penis is called penile enlargement. Generally, there are interventions for the circumference, size or length of the penis in the operation performed with several different techniques. The operation, which is also called penoplasty or phalloplasty, is a procedure that can improve the quality of life of the person both mentally and physically.
Depending on the imbalance in the size of the penis, situations such as impotence and dissatisfaction may occur in the sexual relations of the person. As a result, the person may experience a loss of self-confidence in his personal life. Penis enlargement operations in North Cyrprus are performed by a specialist urologist or plastic surgeon. In the operation, human tissue is buried in the penis area and then a suitable penis size is created for the patient.
Penis size: What’s normal, what’s not?
According to some researches, it is believed that men’s penis size is 45% smaller. The average length of a flaccid penis is 7 to 10 centimeters, an average length is 12 to 16 centimeters, and an erect penis has an average circumference of 12 centimeters. In order for the penis to be evaluated within the scope of treatment, the criterion of being shorter than 7.5 centimeters is generally taken as a basis. In another study, the length of the flaccid penis being shorter than 4 centimeters is another criterion.
Types of penis enlargement
There are different procedures in penis enlargement surgeries;
- Silicone implants are the application of placing a piece of medical silicone under the skin of the penis in order to give the penis a wider or longer appearance. During the procedure, a silicone slip is placed on the shaft of the penis.
- Fat transfer is the injection of fat cells taken from an oily part of the body into the penis shaft.
- Suspensory ligament division (ligamentolysis) is the process of cutting the suspensory ligament in order to extend the size of the penis and connecting the cut ligament to the pubic bone.
- Other additional applications for penis enlargement; tissue grafts, penile disassembly, polylactic acid injections or hyaluronic acid injections.
Who needs to have penis enlargement?
The standard size specified by the Urology Association for penis enlargement surgery is a penis size of 7.5 centimeters or shorter. Surgery is only performed in the presence of such a condition called micropenis.
What are the advantages of penis enlargement?
The pros of penis enlargement can be listed as follows;
- It increases self-confidence of person.
- It is an effective process on reaching the desired level of pleasure from sexual intercourse.
- It improves the quality of life, increases one’s self-esteem.
How to prepare for penis enlargement?
Possible requests by your surgeon during the preparation for penis enlargement surgery can be listed as follows;
- Your medical health history and physical examination,
- Quitting smoking before surgery to have a faster recovery process,
- Quitting using anti-inflammatory drugs, aspirin and before the operation (because it may increase the risk of bleeding),
- Paying attention to the hygiene and cleanliness of the relevant area for a healthy recovery after surgery.
What happens during penis enlargement procedures?
Penis enlargement surgery consists of different procedures and application steps. The procedures commonly followed during the procedure are as follows;
- Ligamentolysis: Cutting the ligament that connects the penis to the pubic bone.
- Enlargement of the penis using oil by autologous: Fat injection application to give a fuller appearance around the penis.
- Dermal filler: Injection of cosmetic fillers under the skin of the penis.
- Implantation: Placing a soft silicone product under the skin.
- Surgical removal of the fat pad: Removing the fat tissue surrounding the penis and reducing the size of the surrounding tissues.
The size determined for fat injection is around 100 ML. In some patients, it may not be possible to place more fat in terms of the general condition of the penis. After the operation, an average increase in the patients’ penis ratio of 50% to 100% can be experienced. The patient is discharged on the same day after the procedure. It is very important to keep the relevant area hygienic and clean against the risk of infection.
In some patients, the fat may melt over time after the transfer. For this reason, the loss of fat transferred to the penis can also be experienced. In such patients, it may be necessary to transfer fat to the penis 2 or 3 times in order to achieve the desired penis size.
The application time of penis enlargement surgeries is mostly 40 minutes.
What happens after penis enlargement?
The steps to be followed by the surgeon after penis enlargement surgery are reported to the patients. In the light of these steps, some patients may need to use painkillers. Depending on the procedure to be applied, rest in the home environment may be required. Depending on the type of invasive procedure, the rest period may be extended. In this process, the practices recommended by the surgeon should be carefully considered.
What are the risks or complications of penis enlargement procedures?
There are some risks and complications that the person may experience after penis enlargement surgery, as in every surgery. These risks are listed as follows;
- A negative reaction to anesthesia (heart rhythm problems, sleep apnea, etc.)
- Inflammatory or scar reaction,
- Pain or loss of sensation in the penis,
- The need for an additional operation as a result of not reaching the desired penis size after the operation,
- Erectile dysfunction,
- Having problems in bending the penis due to scarring,
- Getting an infection,
- Bruising or swelling in the operation area
- Changes in the shape of the penis,
- Dissatisfaction with the results.
What is the recovery time?
The recovery period after surgery varies from person to person. However, it may take a long time for the penis to heal properly. Intense physical activity is not recommended for 30 days in penis enlargement surgeries, which are usually performed cosmetically. It is necessary not to masturbate and have sexual intercourse for 60 days. However, there is usually recovery within 1-2 weeks. In some patients, side effects may be experienced more intensely (redness, pain, swelling, etc.).